Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mish mosh or Singing, Swearing and Surgery

1st AI- How many people can fall asleep to David Cook and ZZ? My kid can, and it wasn't quite bed time yet even. Oh, well whatcha gonna do? So, as I was blogstocking tonight, I looked at a blog that I frequent, geographically located on the East Coast. She has been a David Archuleta supporter since day whatever. She has a "I told you so". Hmmm, not sure what that means. It will only be about 55 more minutes until we find out. But how happy am I about all of the guest stars so far. Sooooo much fun. Talk about a party, I almost want to cut my bangs and spray 'em up way high. He he. And then, just as I am typing that....who is it? David Cook...in his underwear!


2nd Cobby - This weekend he was changing some of the sprinkler heads (every spring project). He found a leak and had to dig for bit. He comes in the house cussing (cover your eyes oh gentle ones).

Cobby: Some stupid son of a bitch cemented in that pipe. What kind of mother fuckin idiot would do a god damn stupid fuckin thing like put cement on the pipes.
Me: silent shrug
Cobby: stomps out
Me: Eventually go outside to take a look at the damage. See the pipe laying on the ground with cement on it. Remembering back (time warp music). Thinking outloud - Babe?
Cobby: What?
Me: Do you remember a couple of years ago when your precious do nothing wrong yellow lab kept digging up that sprinkler pipe, filling the 1 foot hole deep with water, coming in the house with muddy feet? And you, deciding the only way to keep him out of it was to fill the hole with cement?
Cobby: Ohhh, that sounds familiar. I guess I'm that dumb mother fucker.
Me: Shrug!
Time warp forward about a half hour.
Cobby: How come every time you dig a hole and try to fill it up with the same dirt, there is never enough dirt to fill the hole?
Me: Maybe it's because you took the fuckin cement out and it's laying over there.
Cobby: Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.


#3 Carli - A couple of weeks ago, Carli asked me about her mole. Background: She has a large congenital mole on the high inside of her right thigh. We have seen a dermatologist a few times and they don't really seem to be worried. Anyway, she asked me the other day if we could take it off. I told her it would have to be a surgery. They would probably give her some sleepy medicine, take it out, give her stitches like she had in her arm when she had surgery and when she woke up it would be gone, but she would have an owy for a little while. She got really quiet and seemed to be thinking about it. So, the next week I called the dermatologist that we saw the year she was born and they were able to see us on Friday. She pretty much told us what we had been told all along.
  • There is about a 6% chance of it 'turning bad' in her lifetime.
  • Since she is young, if they remove it they would knock her out to remove the wiggle risk.
  • If she were to wait until she were older (13-16) they would localize it and she could watch a DVD or whatever while they remove it.
  • As she grows, so will the mole.
  • If they remove the mole, it will leave a scar, but it will be a line - which will also grow as she grows.

After we leave the appointment she doesn't really want to talk about it - well she was ok, but her dad was a dick. So we put it off for later. So this weekend she told me "Momma, I want my mole off." I asked her if she knows what that meant and the genius that she is, outlined the procedure for me, down to the sleepy medicine and stitches. She is such a beautiful, smart girl. Now, for me to make the appointment, probably closer to the end of the summer since she will already miss some swim lessons when we are on our cross country tour.

You got all that?

4 comments:

Katie said...

1st - I still think Archuleta was robbed.

2nd - That Cobby story is TOO funny.

3rd - At least she's big enough and smart enough to know exactly what she's getting herself into. And good for you letting her make the decision!

Brooke Shreeve said...

Is Tobby a blonde for real???????

Annalyn said...

I didn't think the "swearing" story could get any better - but seeing it in writing IS, in fact, better. Hahaha!

Regina said...

Okay, I love the interaction with Cobby! Soooo funny! You guys could be a little tv show.