After a long day, I just put two little stinkers to bed.
Even though it was Saturday, we got up early, just like a weekday as I had to go to a CERT class. Cobby had to leave early to go to Vernal, which meant Carli had to go to the daycare this morning. Grandma Vicki picked her up and they spent part of the day together. She loves to spend time with Grandma. But we are both glad the day is over.
So, after bribing Crash out from under the box spring on my bed (with carrots), we put him in the bathroom and shut the door. Followed immediately by the other little stinker. Most of you might remember last when one of my friends inherited a skunk, he was so little and cute and mostly friendly. Well, the friend is camping this weekend and asked that we care for the animals while she was gone. He is a little hider, after Carli and I got back from grandma's tonight, we spent 20 minutes looking for the little shit. Including many many many looks under the bed. That's where he's been all weekend, I wonder when he got brave. And even though Crystal told us he doesn't really do stairs, we even looked in the basement. Carli was starting to get worried, I know this because she kept repeating over and over "he's got to be somewhere, we have to find him or Crystal is going to get mad". So, even though we were going to wait until Crash ate to let the dogs in, I made an executive decision. The friend we are watching is Zoey, the golden retriever, she is gorgeous....and she likes to whine at Crash. I knew she would find him right off the bat. And she did, she came right to the bedroom and sat by the bed and whined, jumped up and walked out of the room. That means she hit on his scent. So I walk back over to the bed, get on my knees again and look under the bed some more. And then, there it is, right before my eyes, a large sag in the cloth of the box spring. He had found a hole and crawled right in. Damn sneaky stinker. Anyway, he is fed and in his sleeping room and so is Carli. Amen for good nights. Now I just doze in and out of sleep while waiting for the daddy to get home.
G'night all.
3 comments:
I thought she was growing her bangs out...
Cute skunk. Do you get them de-skunked or something? That thing would be spraying all the time at my boys!
That pic is from last year when he was a baby, he is 'de-skunked'. She is growing her bangs. I'll add a new pic as soon as I download it from my camera.
Cute lil bugger! I ment the girl, the skunk is just ok.
Post a Comment